For thousands of years, worry stones, also known as thumb stones, have been used for their calming properties. The Tibetans used them while chanting mantras, the Irish would rub a small piece of marble will to "free their life from all worries and bring good luck", Indigenous peoples passed them on from generation to generation, and worry stones for anxiety can be found well throughout almost every culture. Worry stones were even used by monks, holding a stone as they meditate and only when the stone becomes indented, they have achieved true peace.
Worry thumb stones work through a process called acupressure. By rubbing the worry stone with your thumb, fingers or in your palms, you stimulate many different nerve endings that promote calmness, release endorphins, and have an overall euphoric effect.
These healing crystals are great for distracting the brain away from your anxious feelings, and can double as a fidget tool as needed.
When using an amethyst worry stone, you can achieve many great things, including:
amethyst healing properties
- "All Purpose" Healing Stones
- Assists with energy and chakra healing
- Brings forth trust, intuition and spirituality
- Detoxes and stabilizes the mind
- Regulates mood swing
- Provides protection
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Clears negative thought patterns
- Increases effective communication
- Enhances meditation
- Increases creativity, wisdom and understanding
- Enhances cognitive perception
- Helps you remain clear, centered and calm
- Assists with the grieving process
- Initiates putting thought into action
- Increases focus and success
- Activates Third Eye, Crown and Etheric Chakras
- Induce sleep
- Helps with insomnia
Sizes: Our amethyst thumb stones come in two different sizes. There is no "proper fit", so the size depends on what you feel gravitated towards.